What’s Special about the GLP Curriculum
– Organized to help students become more proficient in the language. Performance and proficiency targets are provided for each unit, but are adjustable for more advanced learners.
– Thematic units use content as context for learning so students can connect their learning to the world and previous knowledge.
– Designed for use in a 90% or higher target language environment.
– All lessons are aligned to the World Readiness Standards for Language Learning and content standards from Common Core Math, Next Generation Science, and New York State Social Studies Standards.
– Culture is weaved into every unit so that students can analyze practices, products, and perspectives of other cultures and themselves.
– Lessons integrate voice, choice, and lots of hands-on learning so that students can take ownership of the material.
– Assessments help to measure student performance along the way.
– Deep questioning and critical thinking skills are integrated along the way.
Performance & Proficiency Targets
Vocabulary & Sentence Stem Lists
Content Standards & Material Lists