SpringÂ Development and Events Internship
About the Organization
Global Language Project (GLP) seeks a Development and Events Intern who is highly motivated, energetic, and organized. This individual will help create and coordinate communications and development projects, and assist in fundraising events and donor cultivation activities.
The Development and Events Intern will report to both the Director of Development and the Founder/Executive Director and will perform the following duties:
- Manage the planning and execution of all fundraising events such as the 2016 My Dream Speaks benefit, fundraising campaigns, and donor cultivation events for current GLP donors and prospects. Tasks will include:
- Finding affordable/donated event venues and arranging walkthroughs;
- Sourcing food and liquor sponsors;
- Sourcing corporate sponsors;
- Conducting outreach by phone to GLP donors and prospects;
- Prepping an invitation list;
- Working with GLPâ€™s designer to create an event invitation;
- Managing the guest list;
- Coordinating day-of-event logistics; and
- Drafting e-mail blasts, social media outreach, and deploying letters via regular mail.
- Maintain/update records in database (Salesforce) and all development files;
- Help draft and assist in the production of high quality communication materials such as: annual reports, year-end appeals, donor acknowledgment letters & other printed materials as needed;
- Research foundations and help prepare letters of intent & follow-up reports;
- Draft press releases and prepare press kits;
- Create GLP information packets; and
- Perform other duties as assigned and participate as an active member of the team.
- Exceptional ability to pay attention to details and possess strong project management skills; must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work efficiently to help meet revenue targets;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Internet applications;
- Self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines and balance competing priorities;
- Critical thinking/analysis, initiative, creativity and flexibility.