Fall Graphic Design Internship
About the Organization
Global Language Project (GLP) is an educational nonprofit that works with public elementary schools to set up and maintain second language programs to empower students to compete in a globalized world and workforce. GLP also collaborates with multinational corporations to provide career readiness programs, andÂ offers professional development sessions for teachers and administration. Additionally GLP is creating elementary aged, common core standards-aligned Arabic, Mandarin, and Spanish curricula.
As part of our organization, you will be exposed to the inner workings of a start up nonprofit, will play an integral role in the success of the organization, and will have the opportunity to join a growing team of committed individuals.
Global Language Project is currently seeking a Fall Graphic Design Intern.
Education and Experience:
– College student at an accredited college or university
– Experience or interest in social advocacy, educational outreach, and/or non-profit business
– Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
– Strong sense of design, typography, layout, and spatial arrangement on printed and online material
– Knowledge of print and web design
– Strong attention to detail and organization
– Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Duties will include:
– Assisting with the design, creation, and editing of GLPâ€™s language curriculum
– Assisting with designing online graphics and branding materials for GLP social media pages
– Designing invitations to school program events
– Ability to accommodate university class schedule
– Possible employment opportunities after fellowship period
– Networking opportunities with potential employers
– Possible credit earned towards one’s college degree
– Great office location in the heart of the Meatpacking DistrictAbility to impact the educational outcomes of students throughout NYC
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of two references to: Pamela Do, Site Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write â€˜Fall Graphic Design Internâ€ in the subject line of your email.