SpringÂ Education Program Internship
About the Organization
Global Language Project (GLP) educational nonprofit that works with public elementary schools to set up and maintain second language programs to empower students to compete in a globalized world and workforce. GLP also collaborates with multinational corporations to provide career readiness programs, and offers professional development sessions for teachers and administration.
Additionally GLP is creating elementary aged, common core standards-aligned Arabic, Mandarin, and Spanish curricula.
As part of our organization, you will be exposed to the inner-workings of a start up nonprofit, will play an integral role in the success of the organization, and will have the opportunity to join a growing team of committed individuals.
Global Language Project is currently seeking a SpringÂ Program Intern.
Education and Experience:
– College student at an accredited college or university
– Experience or interest in social advocacy, educational outreach, and/or non-profit business
– Familiarity with or interest in working with elementary school aged students
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive applications, and internet research
– Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
– Available 2-3 days/week
Duties will include:
– Maintain the GLP social media accounts
– Assist program managers in coordinating day-to-day operations at partner schools and teacher training events
– Assist GLP teachers in the classroom and with special events
– Assist with GLP curriculum organization and editing
– Help implement and manage marketing and PR plans
– Collect and analyze school data
– Research best practices in world language education
– Attend and represent GLP at events in New York City
– Ability to impact the educational outcomes of students throughout NYC in a unique way
– Exposure to a growing non-profit and the public school system
– Ability to accommodate university class schedule
– Networking opportunities with potential employers
– Possible credit earned towards one’s college degree
– Great office location in the heart of the Meatpacking District
– Start and end dates are flexible.
To apply, please send resume and thoughtful cover letter to Pamela Do, firstname.lastname@example.org, with Subject Line: SpringÂ Internship.