We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2018 interns!
As part of our organization, you will be exposed to the inner-workings of a start up nonprofit, will play an integral role in the success of the organization, and will have the opportunity to join a growing team of committed individuals.
Education and Experience:
- College student at an accredited college or university
- Experience or interest in social advocacy, educational outreach, and/or non-profit business
- Interest in education and languages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Drive applications, and internet research
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Available 3-5 days/week
Duties will include:
- Maintain the GLP social media accounts
- Assist program managers in coordinating day-to-day operations at teacher training events
- Help organize our STARTALK summer teacher training program throughout the month of July
- Assist with GLP curriculum special projects and marketing
- Help implement and manage marketing and PR plans
- Collect and analyze data
- Research best practices in world language education
- Attend and represent GLP at events in New York City
- Ability to impact the educational outcomes of students throughout NYC in a unique way
- Exposure to a growing non-profit and the public school system
- Ability to accommodate university class schedule
- Networking opportunities with potential employers
- Possible credit earned towards one’s college degree
Start and end dates are flexible.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Jameela Syed, email@example.com, with Subject Line: Summer Internship.